CONSOLIDATED FIRE ASSOCIATION HALLOWEEN PARADE
RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. All parade participants will report to Elizabeth and Spring Streets for registration and line-up at 1:00 PM. For band bus parking, you must first see an official at the corner of Crosswicks and Lafayette Streets for a parking assignment. The parade will step off promptly at 2:00 PM. Any group, organization or person who is not in the line-up at that time will not be permitted to participate.
2. Please make sure everyone in your group knows the organization name you were registered by so they can be sent to the proper area.
3. In the event of an emergency, responding emergency crews will utilize audible signals, such as sirens and/or air horns. If you hear these signals, immediately move to the right side of the parade route and allow emergency vehicles to pass.
4. Due to safety concerns, the throwing of candy or any object from a float or vehicle in the parade is not permitted. Candy and other objects may be handed out curbside by walking parade participants.
5. All parade participants must stay in the parade route. No one is permitted to go into the crowd.
6. When a unit has completed the parade, the members of that unit should not come back through the line-of-march of the parade. If you wish to watch the balance of the parade, you must proceed on the sidewalks, behind the parade lines to secure a viewing spot.
7. The use or consumption of alcoholic beverages by any parade participant during any portion of the parade is prohibited.
8. Promoting political candidates, parties or platforms will not be permitted along the parade route before, during or after the parade.
9. No group or organization will be permitted to collect or solicit funds for any reason without prior written consent of the parade committee.
10. Any group or organization with live animals is required to have a “clean-up person” following them.
11. In an effort to insure continuity, performance stops along the parade route cannot be longer than 90 seconds. If, for any reason a gap of more than 50 feet is created, units must increase their pace to close the gap.
12. Entries that are paid to perform in the parade are not eligible for trophies.
13. Judges will be located on Crosswicks Street in front of Clare Estates. Please remember that performances for the Judges should be reasonable in length and PLEASE be mindful of set-up time. Lengthy set-ups delay the rest of the parade for participants and spectators.